Thursday, July 14, 2011

don't be fooled by me. don't be fooled by the face i wear. i wear a mask.

i wear a thousand masks - masks that i am afraid to take off; and none of them are me. pretending is an art that is second nature to me, but don't be fooled. for my sake, please don't be fooled.

i give the impression that i am secure, that all is sunny and unruffled within me as well as without; that confidence is my name and coolness is my game. that the water is calm and i am in command; that i need no one. but please don't believe me, please. my surface may seem smooth, but my surface is a mask, my ever changing and ever concealing mask.

who am i, you may wonder? i am someone you know very well. i am every man you meet. i am every woman you meet. i am right in front of you. in truth, i probaby am you.

(i didn't write this)
i wanted to share this poem my youth pastor gave us a while back after reading http://clarajo95.blogspot.com/2011/07/soon.html
i realize that i hide a lot. that i always appear to be happy, even when i'm not. so i want to be real, not a mask.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad i inspired you to post that.
    I just have to question over and over the worth of being FAKE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard to be real, because it means that people see all the junk you have. but if you have real friends, they'll love you no matter what you've done or who you are.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Background