Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Valley

There once was a valley,
a valley of bones.
And I was there,
walking alone.

Out of the fog
there came a Voice:
"Speak to these bones,
tell them to rise!"

Quietly, then louder
I began to speak,
continuing on 'til
my words reached their peak

When suddenly a rattling,
prattling noise
erupted from the bones
as they began to rise.

And appeared there
before my very eyes
a standing army
of innumerable size.

But I looked closer
and I could tell
not a single heart beat
not a pair of lungs swelled.

Then I cried in despair,
my heart burdened with strife,
"What good is a body
without any life?"

Then the Voice came back
now stronger than before,
"Speak life to the bodies,
let them be dead no more!"

So again I spoke,
my voice ever rising
'til the dead came to life,
bodies revitalizing.

As I looked across
the human sea
I asked the Voice,
"What is the meaning of these?"

Then the Voice answered,
thundering, booming,
"This is My army
prepared for the war looming.

"I have called them, marked them,
though they be dead,
I have anointed them,
with My seal upon their head.

"These are the ones I call
these are the ones I adore,
ones that have died,
ones who live no more.

"I call them, I raise them
I snatch them from death.
I open their eyes,
I give them breath."

"But Lord," I exclaimed,
"What is their worth?
Why use the dead,
why give them new birth?"

"Son of man, look out
at the ones I gave breath.
Tell Me, did I not also
rescue you from death?"






Inspired by Ezekiel 37:1-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Background