Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Letter to My Lover

My lover,

You have searched me and searched me out, and you know me better than anyone else.

You know my every move; you even finish my sentences!

You know everything about my daily routine, from the number of times I hit snooze to what kind
of tea I drink before bed.

You know what I'm going to say, even before I say it.

My lover, you know me inside and out.

You are always there for me, whether it's opening doors or closing them when my hands are full.

I get giddy every time I think about it!

You never leave me, I am always in your company.

Whether I climb onto the roof or hide in the basement, even if I take a plane to Timbuktu you always find me.

Even when I turn off the lights and hide in the dark, you know exactly where to find me; it doesn't matter how dark it is.

You have made me who I am, even from the very beginning.

Everything good in me I owe to you.

Even when I was ugly and scorned, even when I was "under construction," you knew how I was doing, and you loved me.

You knew everything that would happen to me, and you were prepared.

I count valuable every little thought you have of me, and you think of me a lot!

When I wake up, I have a good morning text from you.

I hate it when people say awful things about you, because I know how fantastic you truly are.

Can't they just shut up?

Look at me carefully.  See if there is anything I can do to be a better bride and lover to you, and show me how to be the best I can.

-Your Love






inspired by Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Background